Monday, July 29, 2013

Dottie Lunchbag

I was asked to test another pattern for Paco Bean Patterns. Woo Hoo!! I love testing patterns. This time I got to test out the Dottie Vintage Bag. It's a cute little piped bag that can be used as a small handbag, a cosmetic bag, or (in my case) a lunchbag! How cute is this?



So instead of the inside interfacing, I used insulated batting and quilted it with ripstop nylon. I also eliminated the inside zipper and added a pocket on the outside.



Another modification that I was forced to make was the handles. My local Hobby Lobby did not have cording. NONE! ZERO!!! How do you run out of cording?!?!?! AHHH!!


And how cute is that rhinestone zipper? So sparkly and adorable!

So I had to improvise and use prepackaged piping for the bag and cotton webbing (with added scrap fabric accent) for the handles.



And now I have an adorable lunchbag! Overall, I highly recommend this pattern.



Funny Story: the day after finishing the bag, I walked in my local Home Depot and what did I see at the very front? Cording! Lots and lots of rope and cording of all sizes and materials. I might have mumbled some bad words under my breath. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment