Friday, August 23, 2013

That Time When Being A Sewing Rebel Actually Paid Off!

I've had Vogue 8631 in my stash for a long time. I liked the curved shaped of this cute dress. So when I finally decided to sew it, I went to a fabric warehouse in Dallas to find the perfect flowy fabric.



And all I could find was swimwear fabric.



Ok, so that's not completely true. There were hundreds of other fabrics to choose from, but I was drawn to that swimwear fabric.

I had to have it. I would make it work.

Let's face it, when I want to do something, I'm going to do it! I'm just a rebel like that!!


lol, this is what happens when a fly is buzzing around when taking pictures

And I'm glad I did. The bodice is really low cut and drapey. The stiffer fabric allows me to get away with wearing the dress without a cami underneath.



Do I get bonus points if it can double as an awesome swim coverup?



The pattern itself is fairly easy and straight forward (it's very easy vogue, afterall). I recommend going down a size or 2 because it's HUGE! Thank goodness I read the reviews beforehand. Other than that, the only changes I made were fabric selection (obviously) and I added a decorative clip on the outside to keep it together instead of the inside snap.


Close up on the closure


No comments:

Post a Comment