Friday, February 28, 2014

Banyan Tee

This shirt used to be a nice striped polo. I found it at a thrift store for a quarter, probably due to the large pink stain on the shoulder. Now, it's a Banyan Tee for Mr. Man.


I'm sorry for the crummy pictures, I have a very "active" child who won't sit still for long. Sometimes you have to take what you can get.



The awesome thing about using an old tee is that you can also use the original hem for the bottom of the shirt and the sleeves. Yay for shortcuts!

Overall, it was an easy pattern to sew. The fit is slightly longer and thinner than most toddler T's. It works out perfectly for my tall, skinny boy.




The result is fabulous, minus my mistake of putting the pocket on the wrong side. I'm choosing to ignore that minor flaw.







No comments:

Post a Comment