Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Patchwork Laurel



Lately, I've been inspired by patchwork dresses. I decided to attempt something similar for my first laurel.



Pretty!
 

Also Pretty!
 I pieced together the front of the dress using the free Rhythm and Blues quiting pattern found here: http://www.redroosterfabrics.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/7367.



Isn't this awesome?

It's my first time piecing anything together, so I'm pround of it. But it took FOR-EV-ER!!! Seriously, I have a new found respect for quilters. I made a total of 15 quilt blocks (Is that what you call them?) and used that to cut out the front pattern piece. I basically treated this mini quilt like a piece of fabric. I used a more "plain" quilting cotton for the back.





Cutting out the front pattern piece.

I hand stitched the beaded neckline trim in place.



This neckline looks familiar...

I used this lovely machine stitch for the hem. Isn't it pretty! I love it.


Yay! Hem!
 It's a bold dress. I guess it's a good thing I'm not shy!


Why am I always making such goofy faces in pictures?


4 comments:

  1. Did you enter the Laurel contest? you will win with this dress, it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!! and Thank you!! This might be one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me!

      Delete