Monday, April 29, 2013

This Girl is on Fire!!!

This girl is on fire!

She's walking on fire!

This girl is on fire!

Love, love, love this dress! I used the Collette Laurel again. I really like this pattern. It's simple and comfy. Plus, I've already altered the fit, and it doesn't hurt that there's a contest going on ;)

I used this pretty stretch velvet that I've had in my stash for YEARS. I loved how it looked like flames, but I just never knew what to do with it. Wow! Does it make a good dress or what?

In keeping with my theme of trying new things with this simple dress pattern, I used one the "wavy" decorative stitch on my machine to make a 7 inch border on the bottom with metallic thread. I switched between a gold and silver metallic to make a flame pattern. The effect is really spectacular. It appears different in different lightings. In darker light (see the pictres with me in the dress), it looks the bottom of the dress has a different texture. In full sun, the light really catches the metallic thread and the flames pop out. I love it! I only wish I could have taken a picture of myself in the dress in full sun (the sun just wouldn't cooperate that day!).
Sewing the border.
Before I washed the chalk marks away


Finished border up close

And I know, I'm sewing a winter weather dress....in April....in Texas. But every single year when February rolls around and it gets cold, I wish that I had more winter clothes. I never sew them though, because it's already so late and I think, "Well, I'll just get to it next year." Pshh, like that every happens. I'm a master at procrastination. So now I can look forward to next year. At least the weather cooperated and a cold front came through for pictures, so it was semi-cold. Yay!

She's just a girl and she's on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment