Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Monster Jam


Little man has grown out of most of his old pjs. Instead of buying new ones, I decided to try making some. Here's the first pair of jammies.


I used the Alex and Anna Summer Pjs pattern for the top, and the Alex and Anna Winter Pjs for the bottom (both patterns are from the Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop). I made them in a larger size than what he would normally wear, size 3T, partly because I want them to last for a while (give him a little growing room), and partly because I don't like the way store bought patterns are fit too snug. Overall, I love it.


The monster band fabric was a remnant from Joanns, and the black knit was just some scraps from my stash.



Unfortunately, my machine refuses to stitch with the double needle, so I zig-zagged the top instead of the double topstitch. Strangely, it works! Maybe it's the crazy monster pattern.


With the leftover monster band fabric, I made him a tank. Again, I used the Alex & Anna Summer Pjs in a size 3T, this time adding a hood and a pocket. The pattern takes very liitle fabric.


Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. By any chance do you have a a piece of the selvage that has the info on it? I am trying to find this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased it at my local Joann's. I don't have any left, but I found it online here (but it says it's no longer available). http://m.joann.com//doodles-collection-knit-monster-jam-blue-fabric/zprd_11730512a/

      Delete