Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lady in Red




When I first saw the July 2010 Burda Style on someone's blog (I'm not sure who, it's been so long), I knew that I had to have it. I wanted to make this dress, in red.



Gorgeous
  
Now, I've never made anything from Burda Style magazine, so I didn't know what to expect...

This is NOT what I was expecting.



??
????????????????????????



After finally figuring out where the patterns were, I carefully cut out the pieces, stitched the dress together and made....doll cothes.

In my excitement to make this dress, I forgot to read the directions. The directions clearly state that there are no seam allowances. *#$@&^*&%#%&*^@^#%**&!!!!

And so the pattern sat, forgotten, in the corner of my sewing room until I rediscovered it. This time I was determined to get it right. I carefully read the directions and sewed up this beauty! Better late than never, I suppose.

Moral of the story, read the directions first!




Fabric: Joanns
Pattern: BurdaStyle Magazine 07-2010-111
Interfacing: Whoops, totally forgot some. Somebody forgot to read the directions, yet again! Haha! Oh well, it still looks great!





Now if only I could find that model's shoes...


1 comment:

  1. What a great dress! I have never tried to make anything from Burda yet (pattern or magazine) so only admiration for sticking with the confusion and ending up with such a flattering dress:)

    ReplyDelete