Friday, January 6, 2012

I Entered a Contest!

Woo Hoo! I entered a pattern review contest for the first time! I'm so proud of myself *pats self on back.* It satisfies two parts of my new year's resolution, entering a contest and making trousers.

I've never sewn pants before. Never! NEVER!!!! The idea of sewing pants intimidates me. I know that I’m going to need to make many, many pattern alterations to achieve a proper fit. I have a hard time buying jeans because the “curvy” isn’t curvy enough. Needless to say, I better get started on a muslin.

I think I will sew up a pair of wide leg, dark denim trousers. I have a vogue 1051 in my pattern stash, purchased in 2010 in hopes of getting enough gusto to try it out.

Just look at these pants! She looks like a stylish girl who can also kick some serious booty!

I’m unsure about adding any additional embellishments to the design. Sewing pants (and welt pockets) for the first time will be enough of a challenge. Besides, I love the simple, elegant style of these trousers.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment