Monday, January 23, 2012

Kimono Sleeve Robe from Petite Republic




Robe Front. Isn't it pretty!
 
French Seams!!!!!
Pattern Description: Kimono Sleeve Robe from the Petite Republic website. It can be found here http://petiterepublic.wordpress.com/2011/10/19/rayon-kimono-robe-and-a-howto/



Pattern Sizing:

One size



Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

It looked like it was supposed to.



Were the instructions easy to follow?

The instructions were very simple and easy.



What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I really wanted a robe that would firt over my pregnant belly and still look cute, so when I saw this pattern on her website, I went for it. It is super cute and really comfortable. I'm only sorry I didn't take pictures of the garment when I was pregnant.



It took a bit of time to make, but that's only because I attempted french seams for the first time. I'm glad I did, because they look gorgeous.



Fabric Used:

Unsure, just something I thought looked pretty from Joanns



Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

none



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I plan on making a shorter version, with a soft, cozy lining.

Conclusion:

It is a great pattern and I had a good time making it. Again, the pattern can be found on http://petiterepublic.wordpress.com/2011/10/19/rayon-kimono-robe-and-a-howto/. I also highly recommend her website! She's pretty awesome!
Me in the robe

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! :D i love it! I am really happy that you didnt have any trouble following the pattern :) hmm, another version with lining sounds pretty awesome, maybe i shall make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy that you posted it! I wanted something pretty to wear in the hospital instead of those awful hospital gowns, but then I forgot to bring it.

      And congratulations on the new baby! She's adorable!

      Delete
  2. Wow, without reading your review of the pattern, I can tell that you are wearing a high-end kimono robe. Thank you so much for recommending the pattern. Been eyeing the silken kimono robes lately, now I'm thinking of trying to make one for myself first. Thanks!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love my robe; I'm still thinking about making another, shorter one. Kimono robes are so pretty and elegant!

      Delete