Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Resolution

I suppose it’s that time of year where I make a New Year’s resolution to hopefully stick to. I did so well at the beginning of last year, but then I got pregnant, making things a bit difficult (it’s a bit hard to make a wiggle dress with a big belly). No worries though! This is a new year and it’s time to start fresh!!!

The ultimate goals of my resolutions are to increase my sewing prowess and to become more active in the online sewing community. The second part shouldn’t be that difficult, because my contributions thus far have been nonexistent. I read many people’s awesome blogs and occasionally post something, but that’s about it. It seems a bit selfish that I’m getting all of these great ideas from everybody, and not contributing anything myself. So Here goes the list of my resolutions this year.

1) Enter at least 1 Pattern Review contest

2) Finish all of the UFOs in my sewing room

3) Post former and all future projects on the Pattern Review website

4) Update blog (Woo Hoo! Look at me go!)

5) Complete my self made list of sewing challenges (an object can only count in one category)

            1) Trousers
            2) Menswear
            3) Tailored Coat
            4) Item from BurdaStyle Magazine
            5) Item made with lace
            6) Sheer Blouse
            7) Holiday Item
            8) Home Décor Item
            9) Item using boning
            10) Handbag
            11) Self Drafted Item
            12) Item using me-made binding

6) Compliment 1 random stranger per day. – I realize this one has nothing to do with sewing, but I find that there is too much catty negativity in the world.

So that’s it. That’s my list. I can’t wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment