Thursday, January 19, 2012

McCalls 3830


Pattern Description: Misses Straight Skirts



Pattern Sizing:

AA(6-8-10-12), DD(12-14-16-18), FF(16-18-20-22); I made a size 12



Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes



Were the instructions easy to follow?

Incredibly easy and quick!



What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

It was a really simple, striaght forward pencil skirt pattern



Fabric Used:

Some leftover strpied knit jersey underlined with a bleached cotton muslin. The muslin gave it structure and the jersey laid on top. It actually worked to hide some of my lumps and bumps.



Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I attempted an exposed zipper. I messed up a bit, but it isn't too noticable (I hope).


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes! It's a really easy skirt to cut and sew in an afternoon. I plan on making some more.



Conclusion:

It's a quick, easy project if you don't have a lot of time to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment