Monday, March 31, 2014

Sewing Rabbit Membership - March

So I recently joined a sewing pattern membership. WOO HOO!!!!  It was put together by the awesome Sewing Rabbit. Basically, you get three PDF patterns each month, there's a special forum, and a bunch of other fun stuff.

I tried very hard to say no to buying a membership. I really did! Here I am, trying to be good and spend less money on sewing, and Wham...Sewing membership!  The conversation in my head went something like this...

"You don't need it"

"But I wants it"

"You have a bunch of sewing patterns already that you haven't sewn yet"

"But I wants it"

"You just bought the new Just Add Jeans Collection from Pattern Anthology, just sew some of those"

"But I wants it"

"You already own the Madeline dress... and you DON'T EVEN HAVE A GIRL"

"But I WANTS it"

 "You have barely sewn your extensive collection of PDF patterns"

"But...But.... Knight Hoodie!!!"

"....ok"

And that's totally how it went. I made a deal with myself (because that doesn't sound like a crazy person, right?) that if I get the membership, I must sew as many of the items as I can and post it on the blog at the end of every month.

So, here are the 2 patterns that I sewed for the month of March:

Knight Hoodie

First up is the adorable Knight Hoodie from Charming Doodle.



Gosh I love this pattern! I really, really want one in my size (cough, cough)



I ended up making this out of one of my little brothers old Under Armor sweatshirts. My mom had given it to me a couple of years ago, and it has sat in my closet ever since. It was a nice sweatshirt, but didn't really fit any of us.




The only problem I ran into was the hood. I used the existing hood, and had to add a piece of the fake leather to the bottom helmet piece. I like the way it turned out. The top of helmet piece almost makes it look like a bird to me.



Of course I sew this up, am super proud of it, and Mr. Man.....




HATES IT!



Go figure.

Fortunately, I did get him to smile for a couple of photos.



Toiletry Travel Bag



Just one picture of this project. It's a very cute bag made from leftover scraps of felt, leather and quilting cotton. It's a great way to use up those scraps. I sewed it up differently from the pattern instructions. The directions...or me being tired....or the wine.... confused me for a bit, so I just tossed them and did my own thing.

See? I've done pretty well on sewing for this month. Yay! Go me! Just a few hours left if you want to join in on the March fun!

Now it"s tome to work on the Just Add Jeans patterns....



No comments:

Post a Comment