Thursday, May 1, 2014

Hey Sailor!

My cousin recently had a new, sweet baby boy!! Yay Babies!!! What better way to celebrate the birth of a new baby than by sewing a cute outfit for him?



This is the Peek-A-Boo Pattern's Anchors Aweigh Romper. It's so stinkin' adorable! I mean look at it!!


The pattern takes a bit of time, but it is worth the effort. The instructions are super easy to follow and well written. It's so cute, I had to make coordinating outfits for hiw two older sisters. How can you not?


For these dresses, I used The Goodship Dress from One Girl Circus that I purchased as part of the Sew Fab pattern bundle last year. I whipped the 2 dresses in the same time it took me to make one romper. All three were sewn together in one week. I highly recommend either pattern to anyone.


I ended up liking the romper so much, that I made one as an Easter outfit for Mr. Man.


My heart melts!


My only complaint is that, as with a lot of the Peek-a-boo patterns, the toddler sizing seems to be one size too small. This is a size 3 and it fits him perfectly (he's normally a size 2T). I've just learned to cut a size larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment