Friday, May 2, 2014

Wild Flower Top

This past month, I made it a goal to sew all 4 tops from the Just Add Jeans Collection. In the past, I have been guilty of buying pattern bundles, and sewing 1 item from the entire bundle. Lately, I've been making the effort to sew (almost) every PDF pattern I buy. Woo Hoo!





The first top of the bunch is the Wildflower Top. It's actually the last one that I finished sewing. I still need to take good pictures of the other ones.




I cut a size small and it fits great. I omitted the "under-shirty thing" (technical term) from my version. I want to be able to put different color camis underneath, depending on my mood.




I'll be honest, this was the one that I was the least thrilled with when I bought the pattern pack. My thoughts on this one were "meh." I am truly glad I sewed it anyway. It turned out great!!!! And double bonus that the ribbon and the fabric were both in my stash.




The Good: The pattern was well written and easy to follow. The fit is superb. The final product is awesome. It went together in one evening; it was such a quick sew. There are different sleeve options. And what's this I hear about making a dress version and maternity options?!?! Yes, yes, and more YES!!!




The Bad: The instructions for the sleeves, particularly hemming the sleeves, were somewhat lacking. I also wish that the top were slightly longer.



Verdict: I absolutely plan on sewing this again. Highly Recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment