Wednesday, July 16, 2014

MAKE [BELIEVE] - The Bookworm Button Up



And now it's time for me to share another pattern in the Pattern Anthology Collection. This is the Bookworm Button Up.





Warning: I may have bribed my child with a popsicle in order to get him to sit still. It totally worked ;)





This is the View A, short sleeved version. I used a mustached quilting cotton from Joanns, and bright green pearl snaps purchased from etsy. The buttons really make the shirt pop.







It's a really well drafted pattern, but there's a HUGE problem that I take issue with. I want View D in MY size. Sadly, it only goes up to a kid's size 8. I might attempt making it bigger to accommodate me.



In some of the pictures, you will see an awesome hat, also sewn by me. It's the Elegance and Elephants Fedora. It's one of this month's patterns. I cheated and posted it early, but it almost makes up for me not sewing anything from last month's patterns. It's made from leftover black felt that I had in the scrap bin.


 






And now, to begin my vacation. I will resume on Tuesday with the Explorer Hoodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment